Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Rev. Manz

Not me, The Rev. John Manz, Lutheran pastor in St. Paul, MN. I knew about him but finally met him on Friday. He led a seminar for senior seminary students that I attended. I introduced myself and he couldn't believe I was a Manz. He said he'd never met another one. He was interested in my background and where my family came from, etc. He is the son of the world famous Lutheran organist, Paul Manz, who lives in Minneapolis with his wife. Pr. Manz asked me to visit his church sometime and let him know I was coming so he could have his dad there to meet me! Pretty exciting stuff! I would love to have my parents meet him, too. Though I'd never met him, he seemed very much like a kindred spirit. He had a soft, calming voice and a very personable way about him. He was teaching a seminar on Prepare/Enrich, the tool used with engaged and married couples to strengthen their relationships. We must be related somehow with all that we have in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment