Friday, May 13, 2005

School

I'm eager to get done with school. One more year. Next spring I'll be out interviewing with churches. It seems weird that just about 6 years ago I didn't have much direction in my life. Then I started school, I met Anne, we had kids...it all seems so distant, yet so close. I'm learning that life is like "riding a train backwards," from an author on Zen meditation.

Leah is getting more adamant about getting her way sometimes. She just won't let up. Then, she'll just let it go for now reason at all. I'm not sure what triggers her or doesn't, it just seems that sometimes she will give up the fight pretty easily. I'm sure she testing us in her own way. She sits up at night after we put her to bed, sitting there in the dark. We're not sure why, but we think she knows she's not supposed to get out of bed. She won't get out of bed in the morning until we get there, either. She's so obedient. So anyway, at night, I imagine that she's sitting there processing the day as she sits in the dark. Thinking how things could have gone differently. Lessons she's learned. How to approach situations differently. Or she's just thinking about the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment